With a name like Happy & Healthy Products, our name essentially says it all. While it guides us in how we operate, what we create and how we get our inspiration, it also serves as a promise that we deliver through:
- Creating and supplying the highest quality products beginning with our Fruitfull®frozen fruit bars and including a host of other products that promote a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Providing the highest level of customer service through our H&H “family” – top-level corporate staff and carefully selected franchisees. We feel that our corporate staff and franchisees make a “Fruitfull® family.”
- Creating trust with our customer on the integrity of our products and commitment we make to service them and our community.
- Believing that “the more you give, the more you receive”… so giving back to the communities is a joy as well as a responsibility.
We are doing our best to keep everyone happy & healthy – including supporting employee initiatives that have been adopted to protect the environment. We have “greened” our corporate headquarters by instituting recycling, energy conservation – and more! Ask us about ways YOU can do the same.
For over 25 years, Happy & Healthy has chosen to set a positive example for businesses by demonstrating caring through the support of many charities. Now, Happy & Healthy has allied with our business partners to promote conservation programs and the importance of a sustainable business. Being green requires developing an attitude toward sustainability and practices that can be incorporated into our everyday lives.
Companies all over the world have been reducing their carbon footprint and our own H&H Green Team™ corporate staff has taken great steps towards a greener work environment! Even though our office building does not offer a recycling program, our own team members contribute personally by taking home office waste and recycling via their local programs. Here are some things we have implemented and we hope sharing these ideas will motivate or inspire others to Go Greener!
- Added paper recycling bins and scheduled a local shredding service to shred and recycle the paper.
- Old newspapers and excess cardboard are reused in shipping specific products.
- Instituted plastic/aluminum recycling bins.
- Single sided documents are turned over and reused whenever it is reasonable to do so.
- Digital technology is applied whenever possible to replace paper.
- Paper usage is tracked on quarterly basis to ensure increases are legitimate and reductions are noted and expanded.
- Coordinating team carpooling to events.
- Turning off lights in rooms and offices that are unoccupied for good portions of the workday – kitchen, boardroom, workroom, rest rooms, offices during lunch time
- Added power strips for microwaves, toasters, pencil sharpeners, and electric staplers which offer a quick power cut off when not in use. (Many appliances still draw energy while plugged in, even if not in use.)
- Unplugged all computers and accessories not being used for extended periods of time.
- Set computers and monitors for auto sleep mode. Also, complete power down of monitors and non-critical computers at the end of the workday.
- Near total replacement of all office tube monitors with more energy efficient flat screens monitors
- Installed programmable thermostats in the office to maintain comfortable temperature while avoiding human oversight.
Implementing these procedures has impacted the work environment and equally changed the employee behaviors in their homes. A ‘green ripple of energy awareness’ is now spreading and helping to conserve our precious natural resources.
What is the H&H Green TeamTM?
- Recycling is one of the easiest, most tangible ways of taking action for the planet. It’s a visible demonstration of caring and conservation, and it sets a positive example for children, families and communities.
- With this in mind, Happy & Healthy Products, Inc. is 100% supportive of post recycling and have labeled their products with the appropriate recycling symbols to promote and encourage others to help protect our planet.
- In addition, Happy & Healthy Products has instituted the H&H Green TeamTM The H&H Green TeamTM consists of members who work together in providing an ever evolving awareness and improvement process for green issues in the manufacture and distribution of H&H products.
Who is the H&H Green Team TM?
Current team members and their responsibilities are:
- The H&H Staff: Employee initiatives and programs to reduce the corporate carbon footprint of Happy & Healthy Products.
- Our H&H Franchisees: Participation program highlighting recycling and reducing the amount of waste entering landfills.
- Our Suppliers: Manufacturers who provide environmentally conscious materials in packaging of products.
- Our Consumers: Join the H&H Green TeamTM by promoting consumer participation in recycling H&H product packaging
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act – Declaration
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (SB 657) was designed to increase the amount of information made available by manufacturers and retailers regarding their efforts (if any) to address the issue of slavery and human trafficking, thereby allowing consumers to make better, more informed choices regarding the products they buy and the companies they choose to support.
As this legislation goes into effect, Happy & Healthy Products, Inc. (H&H) would like to disclose our actions to ensure H&H and our suppliers treat workers fairly, respect freedom of association, prohibit discrimination and harassment, and provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- First, H&H evaluates and addresses any risks of human trafficking and slavery in our supply chains. We firmly believe with the scale of our operations this can be handled internally without utilization of a third party.
- Second, H&H requires the most prominent suppliers to certify their materials incorporated into our company products comply with laws regarding slavery and human trafficking.
- Third, H&H conducts a regularly scheduled audit of our suppliers in support of the previous certification reaffirming our company standards on trafficking and slavery.
- Fourth, we maintain accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors that fail to meet corporate standards regarding slavery and human trafficking.
- And finally, we have provided informational tools to employees and managers, who have direct responsibility with supply chain management on the mitigation of human trafficking and slavery risks.
Please note: The legislation does not require companies to take specific actions other than the disclosure of what, if any, efforts are being made to address the risks of slavery and human trafficking in their direct supply chains. Ultimately, the impact of the legislation will depend on both consumer behavior and the extent to which advocates, including investors, are able to use the required disclosures to pressure companies to monitor, and mitigate, the human rights risks in their supply chains.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]